1 week ago
Friday, January 16, 2009
Warm and content
I am sitting here snuggled in my hoodie feeling content. Lauren made it home from Cedar City safely. She ran out in her bare feet when I got home to help me carry in the groceries. What a sweetie she is! Ray and I have been to dinner. He being so nice made sure I stayed in the warm car while we garaged the cars. Coming in the house I find Katie snuggled on the couch with 'the' favorite quilt. Oooo two children home. And one coming tomorrow. Our empty home will be filled with laughter and chatting for the weekend. After reading my favorite blogs I am very content about what a good son I have. In spite of my mothering. Sigh, that makes me very content. And even though he is not here, I know he is in good hands and well loved. However, I am wishing I were in PA where I could see Joanna and Stephan married, meet Stephan's family and spend time with not only Josie, but Ellie, Reilly and Jake. But again that content feeling comes over me because I do get to spend time with Josie, Katie and Nathan next week in honor of Ray's birthday. What nice birthday presents we have had this year, visits with those we love. Who would have ever guessed that me, who loves to open presents, would rather be in the presence of her children? Maybe I have started to grow up! I think my mom is proud of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment