Thursday, January 1, 2009

A new day

Since it is the new year, I am going to make an attempt at blogging. I enjoy following the goings on of those I love.

Today we made a pilgrimage to the Salt Lake City cemetary to wish my mom a Happy Birthday. We took a beautiful wreath and poinsettia to place on her grave. It added a good amount of color to an otherwise white and gray expanse. Lauren and I made the trek to the grave. Katie and Jessica waited for us in the car. After, we took a short tour of the cemetary to see some of the prophets' graves.

Then it was on to Megan's. I got on the freeway on 4th South and made the mistake of trying to go across all the lanes of traffic. Miraculously (truly!) we made it safely. We picked up Katie's jeep and Megan followed us to Sweet Tomatoes where we continued to celebrate mom's birthday. She would have enjoyed it.

Then we were off to DSW where I found a pair of shoes that feel like slippers and they are heels! Katie found a pair of shoes and a gorgeous blue handbag. I found a red one but could not bring myself to pay $30 for a purse. Although it was red and leather.

I rode back to Provo with Katie while Lauren and Jessica brought my car. We stopped at WalMart for some cold medicine for Ray. He woke up with a whopper of a cold and is absolutely miserable.

Back at home we played Skip-bo three times and not once was I jinxed and then Druthers. We laughed and laughed. I had alot of fun, I hope the girls did, too. This is the best part of being a mother, enjoying your adult children. And to think I was the one that never wanted my babies to grow up. Lucky for me my wise mom told me that yes I did. She said, "enjoy every single day." And do you know what? I did take her advice and enjoyed it all and am still having a great time!

4 comments:

  1. i had a good time too, even when you nearly killed us. thanks for the fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY, You are here!!! YAY for Grandma Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I wasn't there to jinx you. :( Cry face. Thanks for lunch and a fun time! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I am so glad that you enjoy shopping with your girls.

    ReplyDelete