Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday is a special day...

Today is a very special day. Joanna is getting married in PA. We are thinking of Joanna and Stephan and wishing them all the happiness in the world! And, even though I was not there for the festivities, I also had a special day.

This morning Aunt S came over to go through mom's clothes with me. Mom will be happy to know how happy Aunt S is with her new clothes. It was a lot of fun. Aunt S brought her darling three-year old grand-daughter. She is such a cutie. She played and entertained herself and was sweet even though our activity was rather boring.

In the meantime, Ray stayed home, did the laundry and cleaned the house. He is the best!

Lauren, Ray and I met Megan in Salt Lake at Sweet Tomatoes for lunch. It was delish. And, the best part was the visit we had with our girls. We have the nicest girls. We shopped until we dropped afterward. Even Ray joined in that fun. Lauren stayed to hang out with Megan for the rest of the day.

When we got home, Katie was waiting for us. She had better things to do today! And one of them was to fold my laundry. Thanks, Katie!

Today I received the nicest letter from my second mom. And, even though I have not seen her for years and we live hundreds of miles apart, it seemed just like yesterday that I had seen her. She totally understands who I am and how I feel. It feels good to know that there is someone still here who knows and loves me, and has since I was a little girl. This special woman taught me how to play the piano. She trusted me to babysit her children. She shared her husband with us while he was Bishop. She taught me what my mom tried to teach me but what I would not listen to when it came from my mom. She was there with me when I made sacred covenants. She doted over my first born. She is truly an elect lady and made my day with her letter.

So, all in all, this has been a very special day!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for thinking of us on our Wedding Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing. I love them all. I loved your mom so much, when you got married we got you both. We were the lucky ones. She was a blessing and continues to be. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete