It is rather embarrassing to start crying in the pickle aisle at the grocery store! Green olives and sweet pickles were always special treats we had because Mom and I liked them. No one else will eat them, so off the menu they went. And thus, once again, I was crying in the middle of the grocery store.
Over I went to the candy aisle for Cadbury mini eggs. Mom always bought them and started buying them when she first saw them. Not me. I waited until the last minute, okay, the Friday before Easter and of course, none were to be found anywhere.
Egg dying always occurred at Mom’s. The kids liked to go over there and Mom enjoyed having them. I had to buy egg dye for our house this year. And, I ended up dying them, just like Mom would because the girls were too busy.
Lucky for us, we were able to attend Taylor Graham's wedding ceremony at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple first thing Saturday morning. She is now Mrs. Brandon Murray. The ceremony was beautiful. And, I am so proud of Taylor. We have known her since she was 4 years old and she was one of my Mia Maids.
Katie, Lauren and Megan got to help with the refreshments for her wedding reception. It was all very nice and enjoyable. Brandon is a great guy and I think they will be very happy together. Congratulations Taylor and Brandon!
Mom made the kids’ Easter baskets starting with Katie on her first Easter. Katie, Nathan, Megan, Lauren, Katie and Josie all have one all in the order they joined our family. There will be no more Easter baskets made by Mom.
I came in the kitchen to find this:









that was so beautiful and a perfect ending to this day. thank you for posting that video. i thought of you today and knew that it must be difficult for you. looks like your family came through for you. what hope we have when we lose a loved one to know what we know.
ReplyDeletejosie brought her basket made by your mom over today and used it to gather eggs in the yard. hope you got to see the post on coloring eggs with josie.
Wow...30 years of Easters together!--I can imagine how hard it was for you this year to not have your mom with you...
ReplyDeleteIt's so great that you have such wonderful memories of your time together...
The Easter baskets are so sweet...
and what a treat that Lauren cooked Easter dinner!--
The cake was adorable!!
The video was very touching--I tried posting it on my blog as well, but was having trouble with embedding it in for some reason...anyway, thank you for sharing it...I really loved that talk when I first heard it but was extra touched by seeing it put to music and pictures...
Glad you had your daughters there for Easter.
ReplyDeleteHugs
I'm glad you were able to go to Taylor's wedding!
ReplyDeleteWow! You were blessed to have so many Easters with your mom. I bet that was hard. I would have been crying too.
I'm impressed with your daughters creativity!! Love to all!
that would be really hard...it's something i've been thinking about...how it will be to lose someone close to me. it's not something i've really had to deal with. i love how you share it openly, i bet it helps others that feel the same way as you...
ReplyDeletei'm SO impressed with the dinner, especially the cake. seriously, it is impressive!!
I didn't even know Taylor was getting married...that is awesome. And what wonderful girls you have to do such an awesome dinner for you guys. Looks like you had a wonderful Easter.
ReplyDeleteWow!!! What a nice Easter you had, I'm impressed with the girls. Everything looks so beautiful, so different from our Easters past, no sand, no using the tail gate for a table, no wind blowing. I do miss those days.
ReplyDeleteI have to admit, I would rather have those Easters of past. Those really were the good old days!
ReplyDelete