Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Small miracles

Sunday when Megan shut her car door to leave for home the mirror on her car door broke off. We quickly changed cars and Monday morning Ray took her car to be fixed. I thought how blessed she was that it did not fall off while she was driving on the freeway or after she got home. She was here where we could help her.

Unfortunately, she left her tax papers in her car and had to come back on Monday to get them. While she was getting them out of her car, the mechanic told her he was finished fixing her car, he did not have to order any parts! So, she got to take her car home with her!

Two miracles.

How often do we stop to consider the small miracles in our lives?

Sometimes, the "bad" things seem so awful, that we do not appreciate the miracles around them.

What miracles have happened to you lately?

5 comments:

  1. Amen to that! I think how wonderful it is to have such a loving Heavenly Father who watches out for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with this -- we were in a car accident (a lady rear ended us) yesterday afternoon and thankfully nobody was hurt and my car sustained minimal damage. The first thought that went into my head right after she hit us was "are you kidding me - I don't need this to happen - we have to many things going wrong right now." But after the assessment of things and babies -- my thoughts were more towards thanking the heavens for small miracles . Anyhow I am beginning to ramble -- you know what I mean - glad all is well over there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing to think about! In looking at life, there are small miracles everywhere. Indeed I see God's hand in everything I am blessed with. Right now, the little jabs I feel in my stomach remind me of the divine nature of babies, birth, and mortal experience! This truly is a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love the way your brain works, Catherine! You're absolutely amazing at finding the little things to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how simple the miracles can be! When the engine blew on our van, we were just a few miles from home, but we had been heading to Mesa. Ivan just happened to be with me which doesn't happen often in the van. I can't imagine if I had gotten stranded going somewhere with all 4 kids in the car by myself especially along the freeway! Heavenly Father truly blesses us!

    ReplyDelete