Tuesday, April 7, 2009

San Antonio - Day 3

I got up bright and early this morning, read 5:00 a.m. and decided to talk an early morning swim in this beautiful pool. It was so cold I could not catch my breath and after swimming half way down the pool and not breathing I made the executive decision to get out. I went back to my room and put dry clothes on. I returned to the gym and passed by these:
I thought, "Lauren would love these!"
Then I stepped on this and walked two miles.

Four hip hop dancers entertained us at 8:30 a.m.


We then heard from Craig of Craig's List. He calls himself a nerd!


After lunch Christopher Kennedy Lawford spoke to us. He was very dynamic an relevant as he spoke about his addiction recovery.


On our way to the Alamo there was this statue.


Another Texas ranger guarding the Alamo. Where were they when they were needed?


Pictures of the Alamo:


This marks one of the Alamo walls. They run through the city marking each of the eight walls. All the walls are double!

The Alamo church.



The Alamo gardens



Walkway into the Alamo


A window in the wall

The Alamo Angel, this is pretty cool




I really was there!

Off to dinner

Look at this menu and guess what I ate. I will give you a hint, I ordered two things.


Our very kind and patient waiter.

All in all it has been a good day and much warmer!

1 comment:

  1. your photos are so interesting- also, what did you order?? i was there years ago to hear the prophet, spencer kimbal, speak- i didn't get to see anything, though- it was a quick trip- only for conference- so thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete