Thursday, April 23, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NATE!

28 years ago, Saturday April 25, Nathan made his entrance into the world!

1. I love that Nathan was born two weeks early. He has always been anxious to get things going!

2. I love that Nathan had a perfectly round head and lots of silver blond hair. And he still is perfect.

3. I love Nathan because he is my first and only son and that makes him my favorite son.

4. I love Nathan because he has always had a twinkle in his eye.

5. I love Nathan's curiosity.

6. I love Nathan's willingness to share whatever he has. (It all started with apples and friends and candy and sisters)

7. I love Nathan's energy.

8. I love how hard Nathan always works. (When he was 18 months old his great grandpa wished he could live long enough to get a good day's work out of Nathan- Grandpa Johnson would be so proud!)

9. I love that Nathan is truly his dad's son.

10. I love the love and respect he always showed his grandmothers.

11. I love that Nathan can name any song and singer he hears.

12. I love to watch Nathan delight in Josie.

13. I love how much Nathan loves and cherishes Katie.

14. I love to see the respect he shows Sherry and Paul.

15. I love that I can write the book, "My Mother Loved My Brother the Best".

16. I love that Nathan always did what I asked him to do even when he told me no.

17. I love how patient and kind Nathan has been with me.

18. I love that Nathan has forgiven my faults in mothering him, in fact I love that he can forgive me.

19. I love Nathan's commitment to the gospel.

20. I love that Nathan honorably served a mission.

21. I love that Nathan earned the rank of Eagle Scout.

22. I love that Nathan earned a Kiwanis Club award.

23. I love that loves to learn.

24. I love that Nathan is honest and forthright.

25. I love Nathan's enthusiasm and zest for life.

26. I love that Nathan is a part of our eternal family and has started his own eternal family.

27. I love that Nathan chose the perfect wife for him and now has the perfect daughter.

28. I LOVE NATHAN!!!!!

Nathan, 24 hours old.


Nathan on his blessing day wearing the knit suit Grandma Scott made just for him.


Nathan's at nine months.

Nathan at 22 months, notice the first of many sets of stitches on his head.

All dressed up for Easter

Three year old Nathan getting ready to throw a rock in Lake Powell.


Nathan's never-ending smile.


All dressed up in a tux.

The last fishing trip with his Dad before his mission.

Still smiling!

3 comments:

  1. he is pretty good. I think i'll keep him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great tribute to Nate...
    The picture of him in the little suit is my favorite! :) How funny is THAT?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't believe i missed this post- it is so perfect- just like nate! i keep a picture of nathan and me when the two of us "went to the d.c. temple" a few years ago. well actually, it was closed and i hadn't called ahead! we had a good time anyways - went to wash. and saw some of the sights- he even let me listen to a corny christmas cd on the long drive home!

    ReplyDelete