Sunday, March 29, 2009

Be thou an example of the believers.

The last 24 hours has been amazing

Our stake Young Women had tickets for the General Young Women meeting in Salt Lake.


We are very blessed as our stake leaders arranged for buses to take the young women and their mothers and leaders to the Conference Center.
It is so much nicer to take a bus.



We are dropped off and picked up right in front of the Conference Center.



The meeting theme was based on the scripture from 1 Timothy 4:12, ""Be thou an example of the believers".

We were all encouraged to complete the experiences and project for the new Young Women Value, Virtue.
Sister Dalton, General Young Women President, made the challenge. She described how she was working on this value with her own mother. As she told us this, I thought, hmmm, I would like to do this with my daughters. I am going to put it on my blog!

So, I am challenging my daughters, Katie, Katie, Megan and Lauren, their friends, one's sisters, my former young women (you know who you are), and any one else who reads this and is up for a challenge to complete the Virtue Value experiences and project with me. Are you up for this?Here is the link: http://www.lds.org/pa/yw/pdf/YW_2009_PersonalProgressVirtue_08255_eng_.pdf
So, now you are asking, what is so amazing?
Well, the theme for our Sacrament Meeting this morning was the importance of reading the Book of Mormon. The Virtue Value experience is to read the Book of Mormon.
The theme for our combine Relief Society-Priesthood meeting was missionary work with the emphasis being the importance of reading the Book of Mormon.
The lesson for Sunday School was the Gathering of Israel, with the emphasis being on the power of the Book of Mormon.
My lesson from all of this is how important it is to read the Book of Mormon.
The Book of Mormon is powerful.
It is a testament of Jesus Christ.
We should study it each day.
Are you willing to take the challenge?
Will you share your experience with me?
Is living a virtuous life important to you?

3 comments:

  1. The talks did get me thinking more about the quality of my scripture reading.

    I bet that was awesome to go to the Conference Center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be up for the virtue challenge in May--
    I'm up to my eyeballs in challenges at the moment...but would love to do this...

    So until May, I will remain virtueless :(
    Pray for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to do the Virtue Value challenge. Thank you for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete