Sunday, March 1, 2009

I cried my way through this morning. The music was beautiful.
It may have had something to do with yesterday and my musings about my mom.
It might have had something to do with the dream I had. Mom had moved to Boise. Boise! I said to her, why Boise? I need you! No you don't she told me. I have important things to do. So I woke up thinking, that must have been a message, maybe I really don't need her here all the time. But then I asked myself is Boise in heaven?
It may have had to do with the wonderful spirit I felt in the meetings I attended. It literally was a feast. Here are some highlight thoughts:
Our families are supreme blessings from God.
Be content with where you are in life. Embrace the present and learn as much as you can.
The atonement has the power to succor us, strengthen us, and fortify us.
The Gospel is true and it is real.
Heavenly Father is patient with us. Are we as patient as He is with those we love?
Ministering angels have the power from heaven to guide us, to bless us, to protect us. They are both seen and unseen.
There is joy in giving, especially when we can feel what others feel and count sacrifice as a bargain.
This afternoon I worked on getting ready for our camp meeting this week and meeting with my assistant. She is totally amazing! Last week she made homemade s'more ice cream-it was delicious. This week she brought me home made s'more granola bars. Yum! Guess what our camp theme is? Be s'more!
Then I wrote my weekly letters.
This week I got some good mail and thought this is the first good mail I have ever gotten. Silly me! I receive good mail frequently. And, it is fun!
Here is a collection of thank you notes. I love thank you notes!

An invite to Taylor's wedding shower.

A VERY special thank you note with these inside,

Our very first home made cards from our very first grandchild. Ooo they are very special to me. I have them in a place of prominence on our refrigerator.

This wonderful card started me thinking about this. Thank you, Shannon!
Do you like to get good mail?
Do you send good mail?
Have you figured out the patience thing?






3 comments:

  1. Is the "patience thing" a personal note? I missed it.

    I love to send and receive good mail.

    Boise is a good place for your mom, and its not too far. ;) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOhhhh! I made it into your post again!
    I'm a superstar!
    The "good mail" thing is such a chain reaction! When you get some, you immediately start thinking of who you can send some to!

    I love love love the theme for camp! That is BEYOND clever!!!! Keep us posted with the details as they happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine, you inspire me. And always remember that dream! Even if it was just you thinking it, you were talking with your mom, and that's amazing. I love my dreams about family.

    ReplyDelete