Tuesday, September 1, 2009


Yesterday I noticed the picture on Katie's desk of all of us girls: Mom, Katie, Megan, Lauren, Katie, Josie in the tummy, and myself. Mom looked so very happy in that picture. Her smile radiated her face and spread to all of us.
It has been one year since she left this mortal existence and I miss her more today than I did yesterday. Although time has helped to heal the sorrow and the pain in my heart, I still miss my mom!
I miss her smile.
I miss visiting her.
I miss her advice.
I miss her listening ear.
I miss her kindness to others.
I miss her encouragement.
I miss hearing her play the hymns.
I miss seeing her sitting at the organ.
I miss her unconditional love.
I am thankful for the gifts she gave me.
The gift of kindness.
The gift of patience.
The gift of charity.
The gift of the Gospel.
The gift of an eternal family.
I am so grateful that I know she lives on.
I hope that the life I live is a tribute to her.
I love you, Mom!

4 comments:

  1. i love that picture! Thank you for sharing. I also love the picture we got taken at penny's of the whole family. (megan's onsie was the smile word... it even worked for Nate and Ray!!!) That is one of my favorite pictures of everyone. we were all so genuinely happy there.

    ps, dont tell megan i wrote about her onsie. although, im sure she reads this and will see it anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is one amazing lady! I felt blessed to have known her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is an amazing person - I only wish I would have gotten to know her better.

    ReplyDelete