Saturday, September 26, 2009

Zucchini






As many of you may or may not know, I love zucchini.

No kidding.

I eat it at least twice a day.

For breakfast I saute it with onions and green peppers and make an egg white omelet.

For lunch I microwave it with cabbage and add it to my fat free cheese tortilla, yummy with salsa.

For snacking I cut it into strips and eat it raw or sometimes cooked.

For dinner I make a zucchini and cucumber salad- delish (according to my manly man)

However, my freezer is full of zucchini and my garden is still producing faster than I can consume it.
So this morning I thought of drying it!
Unfortunately I ate half the first batch it tasted so good. I salted it a little before drying and they tasted better than potato chips.

Of course, my family would point out that I have not eaten potato chips in four years and so would not really know if that were true!

I thought I was so brilliant that I thought this up, but when I went on line to look for a picture of zucchini, I found pictures of the before and after drying!

1 comment:

  1. oooh, i LOVE zucchini! such a good idea to dry it. i REALLY want our garden to produce some so i can make zucchini bread...i'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete