About two weeks ago I went to a meeting for work with some great ladies who volunteer a lot of time with their schools. Unbeknownst to me, one of them who walked through the door was my mother's cousin's daughter. To most of you that probably sounds like a very distant relative. To me, she is a very close relative. (My mom was an only child and her youngest uncle's family ALWAYS included us in every holiday and family activity) I remember when she was born and I watched her grow up. She is an beautiful woman with an lovely family. When I saw her, I jumped up and hugged her and felt that feeling of family connection.
After we were seated this morning I looked up and there was another one of my mother's cousins (sister to the brother who is the father if the above cousin) coming down the aisle! I jumped right up and hugged her. She hurried on to the back of the plane to secure a seat. The plane was full and late in taking off. So, when we got to Chicago we were running late and hurried off to find our connecting flight. We had 30 minutes. After Ray had taken care of business, I hurried to the rest room and who should I see waiting when I came out was that same cousin! A really long hug this time and a promise to get together when we get home.
These are connections to my mom. I have been thinking about her A LOT lately. Seeing Marchelle two weeks ago should have been enough. But usually I need a hammer over the head to get the message! Seeing Jolayne twice today was an answer to my prayers.
Last night Katie came over and we spent some serious time together playing rock band and talking about important things. It is nice to have her close.
This morning Megan came out in the pouring rain to take us to the airport, early this morning. What a sweetie!
This morning Megan came out in the pouring rain to take us to the airport, early this morning. What a sweetie!
This is what greeted us at the end of the day. 

I love these two. What happiness! She has grown up so much in the last six weeks.
It did not take her long to warm up to us as you can see.

No comments:
Post a Comment