Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Fallen Tree

We may have spent our last weekend on the mountain! By weekend I mean Friday night and Saturday. We are not big party-ers! We just enjoy a little time away. And by last time it may be that by the time we are able to go again, it has snowed. So we are at the mercy of the weather.

Anyway, on our way last night after dark. When you cannot leave home until 6:30 and it takes 1 and 1/2 hours to get there, it is dark. Anyway, it is dark and we are about a half a mile from our destination when we encounter a tree across the road! Yes, a tree. A BIG tree! It has fallen across the road. Oh, dear, I think, we will have to go home.

My manly man gets out of his truck, surveys the situation, turns the truck around, backs up, gets out and hooks a tow rope to the tree and his truck. Then he asks me to slowly pull forward so that he can make sure the tree does not hit the truck. I do so and voila! the tree is out of the way! I am in awe. He tells me we had better not come without the chain saw next time.

So, off we go to our home away from home. As it was dark and I did not think about it at the time. I was thinking about how our weekend was ruined. And then I was thinking about what an awesome man I married and how happy I was that I did not take a picture of the tree blocking the road. Here are some pictures of the tree, out of the way now, that almost ruined my fun time:

The broken end that separated from the stump.





One of the views that I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment