Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine Extravaganza

I got up at 5:30 this morning, showered, dressed, jumped into the car and drove to Cedar City with a stop in Fillmore.

Lauren and I spent five fun hours shopping, eating lunch and shopping and more shopping. We tried on shoes and clothes and had a glorious time!

On the way home, I perseverated about a pair of shoes we saw and had to stop at all the Payless Shoes stores and Walmarts I went by. Boy howdy! I got two more pairs of shoes, that makes a total of three pairs for today. And, the shower curtain I wanted on sale for half price. Wow! Now my bathroom looks the way I want it to. White definitely tones down the pale green walls. I thought I wanted color on my walls and started with the bathroom. I think I am a white wall girl at heart!

I called the day my Valentine Extravaganza! It is always a great weekend when I can give myself an excuse to buy what I want. Thank you, Ray! He is a most patient partner. He stayed in Provo working while I was out having fun.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like the best kind of day! when nella was home - we would spend time together- sometimes going to a movie, sometimes shopping- (she loves thrift stores too)cooking together- or she would try a new recipe and then we would rent a movie and sit and eat and watch it together- sweet memories with my youngest too!

    ReplyDelete