Friday night was our ward Valentine party. We always have a dance. With a DJ. And family/couple photos. It is always a lot of fun. It is fun to watch the little children, and big, dance. It is fun to dance yourself. It is really fun to watch our ward ballroom dance couple dance. They really burn up the floor. Ray and I shared a dance together. Katie even came over and spent some time with us. Rat entertained the non-dancing kids way from the loud music and flashing lights. They had a terrific time with him. So did I. The food was good: veggies, fruit and sweet treats. Pam really knows how to throw a party. Thank you, Pam!
We have had a series of snow storms blow in every other day this week. Snow in the morning, sun in the afternoon, more snow at night and the next day clear and bright. This morning was no different. Hoping the snow was going north, Ray and I got in our car and started toward Cedar City. We should have known when we saw the car that had hit the median wall before the south Provo exit that the roads might be a little slick. The snow got thicker and thicker and the roads became snow packed even though we could tell the plow had been ahead of us. A jack-knifed truck just past Mona brought us to our senses. I called Lauren while Ray got off at Nephi just to turn around to return to Provo. Of course, as it was just after 8:00 a.m. I awoke Lauren. The skies were clear out her window, but she checked the Internet and there was a winter storm warning for Fillmore. There are four major mountain ranges to cross to get to Cedar City. And, it had taken us over 45 minutes to go about 30 miles. Sad for us and sad for Lauren. I was looking forward to a little Cedar City shopping with Lauren, really!
It snowed all day long, intermingled with sunshine, yes the sun was shining while it was snowing. Alas, the sun brought no warmth! We ended up with about four inches of beautiful Utah powder. Perfect ski weather, intermittent sunny skies and brand new powder.
The love of my life spent the whole day with me. Apart from helping the scouts pick up food for the food bank and plowing the walks around the block and at the church. We gave ourselves new bathroom accessories. Seeing as I am extremely frugal and could not bring myself to buy new things when the old things were still good, it was extremely gratifying. Oh dear, I think I am showing my age. We had a nice grilled steak (thanks to Lauren's GF grill), baked potato and asparagus dinner. It was yummy. Dessert was chocolate pudding and fresh strawberries topped with whipped cream. Double yummy.
All in all a very satisfying Valentine weekend. I am thankful for this time of my life. I am thankful for love. I am thankful for my true loves, Lauren, Megan, Katie, Nathan, Katie and Josie and best of all Ray. I am thankful for good friends. I am thankful for extended family.
I love all of you!
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment