Friday, November 13, 2009

Five for Friday

1. I arrived home this evening to find these happy balloons waiting for us. Attached was a cheerful note. Visiting teachers are the best! Thank you AW and family


2. Last Friday was Megan's 25th birthday. She met me before work so I could wish her a happy birthday in person. Megan always makes me feel so good. She truly liked her super sized birthday cupcake. She knows how to cheer her mom up!

3. I had a brown skein of yarn left over from making a sweater and needed to keep busy. A bucket hat with a pink flower. A chunky hat with orange accents. Finally, a crochet hook holder open and closed. Flowers are fun to make.



4. Balls and bags for little ones.

5. Baby bibs. Do you like the round one? I thought it was a cute idea.

My mom always knit and I want to be like my mom. Unfortunately, I do not knit, but have decided to take up crocheting. Mom knit through lots of interesting and adventurous times.

Ray and I embarked on an adventure three weeks ago. Crocheting has evened things out for me.

Do you have any cute crochet patterns?

What do you do when you are facing an adventure?

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the brown one with the orange accents! You are so amazing Catherine. Honestly, I want to be you when I grow up!

    As for the adventure... Just know that I love you both! You're both examples of the most incredible people in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sewing christmas stockings at 11pm seems to work well for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. once i made a beaded easter egg- spent hours gluing tiny purple and silver beads in a pattern on a blown out egg. my husband was in the hospital and after being with him all day, i phased out by doing that- mindless, but creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so cute!! i LOVE the brown hat with the orange flower. so cute!!! i hope things are going okay for you guys. i'm guessing "adventure" would be equivalent to "trial" for anyone less optiistic than you are. i hope you are well. i would love to see you here in a few weeks when i come to utah...

    ReplyDelete