Sunday, February 21, 2010

Recent Happenings

Last week we had a very nice visit from some longtime friends. The brought us a special gift! A handmade quilt using fabrics I had made our clothes from through the years. Not only is it a very beautiful queen sized quilt, it is full of a lifetime of memories. Thank you, Carla!

I have finally summoned up the energy and gumption to put my house in order. A good thing too as our ward conference theme this week is, "organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God," (Doctrine and Covenants 109:8).


So, yesterday, I reorganized and straightened up the guest room. Note to self: you need to go through the book shelves.

I made a curtain to hide my kitchen when we have company and I am in the middle of a food project. I hate looking into the kitchen and seeing a mess and wonder what others think about it.


I finally organized and cleaned Lauren's room in anticipation of our grand-daughter's visit. What little girl wouldn't like to sleep and play in a pink room? Note: During Lauren's sophomore year, we did a while you were out make over to her room while she was on orchestra tour. It was VERY fun and showed off the creative side of our Katies (Lauren's name and the picture above her name. Lauren loved it at the time. Her tastes have since changed just a little.)
Then last night we had a very nice visit with Aunt Pam as out kids refer to her. It is nice to visit with friends who love you and you love. Thanks for the visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment